Simba Faie Mohsin Milia

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Not my day..

"Friday tak cuti ke?", asked one of my colleague when i wrote dates of 23/8 - 24/8 on the leave board. I said "no" as i'm running out of leave oredi. If nak ambik MC boleh la kot as i only used up 2 days so far *LOL* When i really had a bad time being on foot yesterday, memang rasa menyesal tak sambung cuti actually. When i saw the rain subsided around 5.45, i quickly packed my things and went out from ofis with the intention to go to KLCC. Intention nak pegi tu since Tue lagi tapi tak kesampaian as C & i were stuck in the jam along Jln Raja Chulan, and later on Jln Sultan Ismail for almost 1hour. Nearing the junction of Jln Sultan Ismail and Jln P Ramlee, i asked C to just drive home coz rasa macam tak sanggup dah nak pegi KLCC. Dah boleh bayangkan betapa ramainya manusia kat situ as they are all stuck in the building, not being able to go anywhere as it's raining outside at that time. Anyways, dah tak dapat pegi Tue, kononnya die die also must go la semalam. To my surprise yang dah meredah hujan, as i was abt to reach the corner restaurant facing Bank Mualamalat, near the Masjid Jamek station, i saw the water level raising up. Habis la Jln Melaka tu dah penuh air and i told myself "kalau harung air ni, sure sampai lutut tapi tak tentu lagi lrt ni jalan ke tak" :(

After consulting C, who's still in Malacca at that time, i decided to go back to ofis. When i reached ofis, my bos told me that she called Rapid and they told her that the lrt is working, except for the Setiawangsa stretch. Dah habis sembang macam2 kat ofis, my bos & i decided to try the lrt again and this time we're going to Central Market station. Our rationale, kat situ tinggi so sure tak de la meredah air. Surprise.. surprise.. la kan coz when we reached the station entrance after we took the escalator, the shutters was actually down and people are lining up there, with only small opening for people to come out from station and no one gets in :( I commented to her earlier, while we're on the escalator, that i didn't see any train moving on the track. Normally while you're walking towards the station, you will see at least one going either direction. Looks like all the public transports got stuck somewhere, in one way or another. Nak harapkan bus ke PJ, tak tau la berapa lama nak stuck kat dalam jam kat Federal Highway, itupun kalau dapat naik :-/ At the end, my bos decided to call her hubby and asked her hubby to come all teh way from PJ to pick us up from Dataran Merdeka. When he said OK, me & SP walked to Dataran Merdeka and waited for him there. Rasa macam nak tercabut dah kaki, after pusing keliling sini sana just trying to get home. Managed to reach home ard 8.45, courtesy of SP and hubby.. alhamdulillah.

I can't help wondering of how many hundreds or thousands of people actually got stuck in KL last night, either bcoz half of car in the water, or can't afford to drive car as it's low on fuel, or can't get a bus or cab to go back home, or stuck in bus/cab/lrt/commuter on the way home, etc, etc. Mungkin ada jugak yang berjalan berbatu-batu just to get home.. Sungguhpun bersyukur hujan turun menyejukkan bumi, tapi bila flash flood melanda.. seksa jugak. My last sight of the Sg Klang, water level had gone down a lil bit. Tapi, deras mana air yang mengalir tu tak payah cakap la kan.. Segala rupa sampah sarap pun ada :(

Note: We'll be going over to C's batchmate's wedding in a bit.. the one that i mentioned kena pakai sampin koleq tu. Sampin tu dah dapat, ihsan my senior's hubby. I think that sampin is abt 30 years old and is still in good condition :)

6 Comments:

  • Alahai, laling, sorry to hear you had to go thru all that just to get home :(

    Sesekali bila baca all these things happening kat KL tu...rasa macam nak terus dok kat SG nih, hehheehe. But missing you and our gang (and my family of course) terribly!!!!

    Have a good and restful weekend ya!

    *hugssss*

    By Blogger CestmoiCK, at 8/26/2006 5:57 PM  

  • U know what Rose, I can't help but count my blessings each time it rained real heavy for the past few weeks in KL as I could take the LRT straight to mom's house and S could pick me up as he's in DP.

    Alhamdulillah, the train I took everyday past few weeks tu tak sangkut kat dalam banjir at all.

    memang I kesian kat orang lain who has to take the bus/car etc, macamanalah dioarang balik kan? *sigh*

    whatever it is, dimana bumi dipijak disitu langit dijunjung, hujan emas dinegeri orang, hujan batu dinegeri sendiri...cewahhh...

    Hugzz

    By Blogger KC, at 8/29/2006 6:07 PM  

  • CK dear,
    missing you much too *hugz* ada jugak masa yang i rasa macam nak pack up my bag and just go over to visit you but having the long "gerabak" make me think more than twice :(
    mwahs

    By Blogger rose, at 9/05/2006 11:26 AM  

  • Dear KC,
    we can just continue to count our blessings when it rains nowadays i guess *fingers crossed tighter*
    hugz

    By Blogger rose, at 9/05/2006 11:28 AM  

  • Sist.. I seram sejuk la dengar pasal flash flood kat KL tu. I too count my blessings, each time KL tu hujan, I takdak kat area situ. Tapi if dapat kerja kat sana, naik lrt and then commuter plaks tu.. berharap yg terbaik je la..

    Take care Sist.. see ya Friday! :)

    - iNa LiM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/10/2006 12:51 PM  

  • Ina dear,
    my colleague duduk kat Maluri and this year alone, i dunno how many times dia kena banjir!! kesian sangat2 coz cuti dia habis sebab terpaksa "main air" :(
    can't wait to see ya Fri :)
    hugz

    By Blogger rose, at 9/12/2006 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home