Simba Faie Mohsin Milia

Monday, July 31, 2006

Old stories :-/

It's been almost a month since i went back to STF for the school's 50th birthday aka Golden Jubilee Celebration. My earlier plan to go back to STF with C & kids was cancelled due to my dad's passing as me & C were thinking that we can't go out of KL for the weekend and C needs to stay in KL in case of any emergency. Ziela, baby Afiq & Aiman were still around at that time. But after I got C's permission to go to JB for that GJC event [after so much persuassion from Mak], i made an impromptu plan to go to JB on Sat morning, came back to KL in the afternoon. I did tell CK abt my short trip and foresee that we can't meet up. [At the beginning of the year we did plan to meet up during that GJC weekend as the event is actually open to public.] To cut the story short, I reached STF just in time for the proclamation event. Managed to have lunch in the dining hall, went round exhibition places + classes, bought a few things at the mini carnival and met up with old frens + teachers. Took only a few pix and still waiting for C to download them. Remembering the smiles on their faces, i must say that it's worth the short trip :)

After the GJC event, i got the chance to meet up again with Safiah, my batchmate who flew back to Msia for the school event all the way from the US. She lives in Kansas City, MO with her hubby for the past 12 years i think. But, one thing still pending after met up with Safiah a few times is meeting up with her hubby. The time i saw her at Crown Princess, her hubby was down with fever so he didn't come down for lunch with us :( Whatever it is, we still had a good time bersembang sakan with each other. Talking abt old times and some of our plans for future. I hope and pray that Safiah's plan to open up an "all-women gym" here in KL will materialise. Before she leaves, as always, Safiah never forgets to extend her invitation for us to visit her in KC. InsyaAllah we'll save up a lot of money and will be able to visit her one fine day, eventho i'm not sure when that "one fine day" will be :)

The following week after i met up with Safiah, i had the chance to meet up with another STF batchmate, who we fondly call her Jema. Eina passed Jema's phone # to the rest of us after i voiced out in my batch's e-group that i never know Jema's whereabouts eversince we left school. Me & Jema spoke over the phone a few times before we met on Monday, 17th July. I was adamant abt meeting her that Monday bcoz my earlier plan to gather with her and Buck on Sat, 15th July, didn't materialise. They waited a few hours for me to show up at Buck's house but me & C didn't manage to as we're stuck in a fren's house in Shah Alam. Feeling really bad abt the whole incident, i met Jema with her sis, Aida, for lunch in Chicken Rice Shop, KL Sentral. It was more of me "menempel" their lunch coz they oredi placed order before i came. After lunch, me and Jema took the ERL to KLIA. So, dapat la bersembang sini sikit, sana sikit abt things that happened since we left school 20 years ago during that 30 minutes journey to KLIA, hehehe. We promise to keep in touch and hopefully we'll meet again sooner if not later :)

Other than that, me and Nurul bumped into each other last Monday, 24th July, on the day a few of Putra LRT trains had some problems till some hundreds of passengers got trapped in the trains. I was on the way back to ofis from Masjid Jamek station, while Nurul was on her way to Masjid Jamek station with the intention to go to KLCC to buy some diapers for Syirah. Told her that the Putra trains were not moving, so we walked to Menara Olympia and chat for abt half an hour. As i've been busy with system testing, Nurul hasn't been well but recovering. Lucky we bumped into one another.. kalau tidak, payahnya nak jumpa eventho our offices are just across from one another. Nurul dear, hope we can schedule a long overdue birthday lunch for both of us soon :D

Have a great week ahead to all :)

6 Comments:

  • Glad you went to the STF do after all (even tho we didn't get to go to JB to meet you, uwaaa!!!) but it was worth the trip for you and you had fun and that's what's important! :)

    Miss you tons!!!

    Mwahs

    By Blogger CestmoiCK, at 8/01/2006 11:53 AM  

  • Thanks to Kak Noura, I think I spent more time with your batchmates than mine..heheh..

    Glad that I get the chance to know some of them, they were such a sport!

    By Blogger Hazyr, at 8/01/2006 6:33 PM  

  • school reunions are always fun, eh? The only one I have on a regular basis is with my Uni mates these days and even then, it's only during the final match of every World Cup finals.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/01/2006 11:04 PM  

  • CK dear,
    to be able to step my foot again in STF really means so much to me eventho the environment and situation is very much different now. But glad that there are still some familiar faces around and they still recognise me.. one of the "budak nakal" la katakan *LOL*

    anyways, i still owe you that visit and i really hope i'll be able to escape.. entah dah berapa million kali i dok sebut pasal pegi SG but still no chance for me to go :-/ InsyaAllah eh Laling..

    *hugz*

    By Blogger rose, at 8/02/2006 10:03 AM  

  • Dear Ryzah,
    my batchmates yang pegi GJC memang the sporting ones, hehehe.
    Glad that we get to know each other dik :) Hope we'll stay in touch and our frendship will last forever *wink*
    mwahs

    By Blogger rose, at 8/02/2006 10:06 AM  

  • Abg Lx :)
    Sure nice melepak with frens during World Cup, just like the old times eh :D
    I surely love to keep in touch with frens old and new.. cuma nowadays masa kurang mengizinkan.. trying my best to juggle with everything, hehehe

    By Blogger rose, at 8/02/2006 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home