Simba Faie Mohsin Milia

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Of public transport...

For the past couple of months or so, i've been so pampered by being chauffeured driven everywhere when hubby decides to send and pick me up from work every day. Hearing and reading abt snatched cases thru the media and daily conversations everywhere make him take the trouble for fear the same case can happen to me any time. Of course i can just let him know that i can take care of myself but we'll definitely never know when and where any disaster can happen to us.. nauzubillah himinzalik..

Monday night he told me that i'll have to take the lrt to work as he needs to go for some visits, leaving very early on Tue morning. When he dropped me at the lrt station, i was quite surprised to see so many people queueing to buy tickets. Hmmm, nevermind that coz i oredi have my ticket so i just climbed up the stairs since the escalator was not working :( Tak pe, tak pe.. exercise naik tangga memang bagus untuk burn some calories... as if la naik tangga kat Batu Caves, hehehe. When the train came, it was quite pack. Nevermind again, it's good enough that i managed to get on eventho later i almost fainted for not having enough oxygen to breath and can move my feet as there's not much leg room.. Isssshhhhh, seksa betul being cramped in the tube, just like it's a sardine can. Normally when i was in the lrt previous times, i'll filled up my time typing sms to frens but that day i was so busy counting stations, huhuhu..
Anyways, to my horror, when i got off at Masjid Jamek station, the queue of people who wants to get on the lrt was soooooooooooo long!! Berlingkar-lingkar panjangnya, sampai ke atas. When i checked myself out, ramai lagi rupanya berbaris before the entry point! My guess, not many people are driving to work these days after the 30sen hike in petrol price. Maybe to those who can afford to drive luxury cars, increase in petrol prices doesn't mean as much as to those yang every month "sesak nafas" before the pay is in. No wonder whenever me and C are early, we don't see that many cars on the road anymore. Rupanya yang masih drive to work tu dah keluar lambat sikit. So, me and C must make it a point to keluar awal sikit every day so that we'll not be stuck in massive jam and can save a lil bit of petrol..

On Wed pun i naik gak lrt coz C kena pegi visit some places and factory. Tapi this time around it was much better as i was a bit earlier than Tue. Tak la teruk sangat sampai tak leh nak bergerak langsung :)

Moral of the story:
..to those still driving to work for all the reasons in the world, beat the jam before the jam beats you :)
..to those naik public transport to work or go anywhere, keluar awal sikit to avoid possibility of pitam/pengsan dalam lrt due to lack of oxygen macam yours truly :)

3 Comments:

  • Oh dear .... which station did you board the train from, Aunty Rose? I had a first-hand experience of the LRT in KL when we decided to board from the KLCC station. Unfortunately it was evening rush hour so we left, waited around Suria KLCC for about an hour then finally managed to board the train. Not as bad as you described, though. Must have been terribly crowded, huh?

    By Blogger moby, at 5/04/2006 6:48 PM  

  • Tell me about it Rose! I had my fair share not long ago at KLCC station. I had to go to S's office instead of him picking me up. Had to wait for the 5th train before I cud finally got on one. Kat dalam train tu, toksah cakaplah punya sesak, coudn't even breathe. Everyone was so near to each other - keliling I pulak tu mostly men, jenuh jugaklah I nak menjaga parts of my body supaya tak tergesel sesaper or sesapa yang menggatal sengaja nak menggesel! Lepas tu rasa serik nak naik train @ KLCC lagi during rush hour - tak sanggup!
    It's even worse if you happen to board the train at the same time when schools ended their evening session; bau badan bebudak sekolah, the noises the make - Masyaallah....*sabar ajelah aku*...

    By Blogger KC, at 5/05/2006 10:05 AM  

  • Ajab,
    my first station was Tmn Bahagia, Kelana Jaya going to Masjid Jamek, or vice versa. I guess nowadays people prefer to take lrt rather than driving as they can't afford the petrol expenses. I bet MRT in SG is very much better than here..

    KC,
    tell me abt it too!! Many times rasa macam nak turun train and catch some fresh air before naik another train. But, many times i can't afford that coz dah lambat whenever dah janji with C, hehehe.

    You both have a good weekend you hear :)

    By Blogger rose, at 5/05/2006 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home