Simba Faie Mohsin Milia

Monday, April 17, 2006

Of birthday and weekend events :)

Before i start with my story abt the weekend, i would love to thank some lovely people for their well wishers; darling hubby, CK, KC, Mint, KuE, Sheryl, Fariz my SIL, King, Ana, Abby, etc. All of you really make my day and i'm still smiling from one ear to another *wide grin* I will go for lunch with my boss and colleague to Grappa's, across the road at Menara Olympia, which serves good set lunch normally consist of pasta or pizza set, together with dessert.. yum.. yum :) Other than that, i may buy a cake after work to share with hubby, kids and maybe my in-laws. Hmmm.. why not i just persuade hubby to celebrate it at MIL's place so that we get to eat together-gather, hehehe.

Anyways, i just can't forget what happened over the weekend. Early Saturday morning Molly sms me an invite to go for lunch in Bukit Jelutong. Kinda a blessing in disguise that my dad had to work till night made us cancelled our trip to my parents' house that Saturday. After C picked Simba up from his taekwando class, i got ready as we promised Molly to meet up at the Batu Tiga toll around 12.30pm. We're running a bit late but managed to meet up with Molly around 12.45 and reached Bkt Jelutong before 1.15pm. Eventho we reached Bkt Jelutong quite early, we didn't manage to find that particular road we're looking for. We ended up going round and round in that area. Molly finally called her fren and she told Molly that her hubby will pick us up from where we were. When i got down from the car, i was quite shock and very excited to see that Molly's fren's hubby is actually my ex-colleague :) It's really a small world after all bcoz i met this ex-colleague a few times in late March as current his ofis is quite near to mine. I had permission from the host to invite Sara and Sara came joined us around 2.30pm. Molly, Sara and i had a great time catching up with the generous host, who cooked rice with delicious dishes of masak asam, gulai udang, mix vegie, yummy spiral pasta, together with samosa, cup cakes and traditional kuih muih as desserts :D

After i got home that Saturday, i received an unexpected phone call from Puan Saidah, my ex-STF teacher. She told me that she'll come to KL by bus the next day for a wedding in Rawang and asked me whether me & C can join her or not. After consulting C, C agreed to help me pick Pn Saidah up from Puduraya and take us to Rawang. I was actually very eager to go eventho my invitation to the wedding reception was only an extension from Pn Saidah's. I'm alwiz excited to go to wedding receptions. Eventho i didn't have much expectation before we reach Rawang, the trip was really a memorable one bcoz i met some of my juniors from school. We were greated by familiar faces like Anna, Lini, Jaysree, Feroza, Nina, Maria, Diana and Anis, besides the bride, Mona, herself. Above all, Pn Saidah was also so happy that she got to meet her ex-teacher when she was in her secondary, who's fortunately the bride's mother.

After Pn Saidah, me and C savored the lauk kenduri, which was so yummy, C sent me and Pn Saidah to Quality Hotel, KL. K.Sue and K.Wa, who jointly head the recent MMP committee, gave us a treat for the job well done. C was so sweet to let me "temankan" Pn Saidah till she go back to JB that evening while he went back to my parents' place to be with the kids. The so "kenyang" us [me and Pn Saidah] joined the feast at Quality together with the rest of the MMP committee members. Eeee.. bayangkan la dah kenyang makan kenduri.. sampai kat Quality boleh makan lagi tu. Can't help it as the buffet spread was not bad and some food really looked good :) K.Sue, K.Wa and some of the members took the opportunity to discuss some GJC related matters with Pn Saidah.

After Ryzah and i sent Pn Saidah to Puduraya, i took the LRT back to Gombak. I'm sure my mom was not so happy with me for not spending much time at her house eventho she didn't say much. But, to ambik hati Mak, we stayed there till abt 10pm. I should ambik hati dia coz she even remembered to bake me her delicious choc cake. Last time when me and Ziela was still small, Mak never bother to celebrate any of our birthdays. We never have any birthday dos. Even when i started to learn to celebrate birthdays while i was in STF, Mak even scolded me for buying her a small present. I think at that time she's concern of me buying unnecessary things and will not have money to spend when i really need it. Mak is definitely very careful with her spending, and still is so i'm not surprise if she has more savings than me :)

Anyways, back to the Mak's delicious choc cake, the kids were so happy when we gathered together around the cake. Their eyes were just sparkling looking at the cake :) After they sang me the "Allah selamatkan kami" birthday song, i cut the cake and served them. Semua happy sebab dapat makan cake sampai tak cukup one piece per person.. esp Simba and Mohsin. I think Simba alone ate 3 pieces!! :) Mak packed for me half of the balance of the cake, together with other lauk pauk as usual.

Since this is actually a delayed story oredi eventho the date up there is still 17th April, i'm not going to continue this story as it's oredi a cerita basi :) Anyhow, 17th April went great with celebrations with colleague and family. C bought me a choc cheese cake which we shared with my inlaws. The next day i bought 2 cakes and shared with the rest of staff in my department :) All in all, i can regard this birthday as a meaningful one :D

Note on 26th April:
Nona Maria has planned to have a gathering for the Lembing gang this coming Sun, 30th April at the Chatters Cafe in Taipan. We'll be there from around 2.30pm.

3 Comments:

  • Glad you had a blast on your birthday :)

    So many cakes, so many celebs!!! Mana gambar-gambarnya?? :)

    Mwahs

    By Blogger CestmoiCK, at 4/26/2006 11:10 PM  

  • Ohhh!! Busy with birthday celebrations eh? Hehehe! ;)

    Anyway, a very happy (and belated) birthday from me, Aunty Rose!

    By Blogger moby, at 4/28/2006 3:07 AM  

  • CK,
    for gambar-gambar, as usual i'll need to wait for C to download before i can ask your help to upload, hehehe :/ Will try to do that this weekend as he's been very busy travelling..

    Ajab,
    thanx so much for the wish :)

    By Blogger rose, at 5/04/2006 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home