Simba Faie Mohsin Milia

Monday, November 14, 2005

Happenings since i last blogged.. part 2

The one and only time me and hubby break fast outside during Ramadhan was when we gathered with C's batchmates for their annual Arietans buka puasa gathering. They'll have it every year, fixed on 3rd Saturday of Ramadhan. But this year, they had it a lil bit earlier because many were not able to attend bcoz Friday 21st October was a public holiday in some states for Nuzul Quran. So, they had it on Wednesday 19th instead. Eventho the crowd was smaller this year but no doubt it was still a FUN one catching up with these cool budak koleq and their families :) Among the better half attended were Abby, Lissa, Jojie, Suzany, Chech, Inaiza, Tie, Amy and a few others [please pardon my goldfish memory :( ] Also, got the chance to meet Zahari, my primary school classmate. We didn't see each other after my family moved from Kluang to KL in 1980. I only heard stories about him from hubby all these while. Having to meet him face to face brought back some childhood memories. We made a point that we need to catch up with each other again. One fine day maybe..

During Arietans' buka puasa gathering, one of his frens distributed his wedding invitation card which will take place in BP [for the bride side] and JB [for his side] this coming weekend of 19th and 20th November. InsyaAllah hubby, me and kids will be going over.. kalau tak de aral melintang. I'm excited and really can't wait to meet up with CK, FK and Yasmin coz they are invited too :D And hopefully we'll be able to meet up with Sheryl, Noreez and Raudz too *wink* Would love to go around JB and singgah my old school if time permits. Haven't been going to JB since 1990 when i last visited my sis before i left for US. Kalau la ada masa, nak jugak singgah Kluang to have a look at the town where i grew up. Nak tengok and tunjuk to hubby and kids my primary schools, those previous houses where i lived in during my childhood, a fren's family house [who used to be my buddy during primary school days. Heard she's a nurse in Sultanah Aminah hospital in JB but her family still live in Kluang in the same house where me and family used to visit dulu-dulu], another fren's family house [she was in the same class when we're in Std 4 and Std 5 during primary days and we went to same school and live in the same dorm for 5 years during our secondary days. She passed away after some complications after giving birth to her first child many years ago.. al-Fatihah.. I used to lepak at her house during school holidays bcoz her house was not far from the quarters me and family lived in. Hope her parents still live there.. or at least her brother's or her sister's family..] and some lepak places which i frequent to last time. My family spent many years in Kluang when my dad was still in the army. Dad's last posting was also in Kluang before he retired in 1984.


Will try to update more happenings later kalau semua my plans materialised :) For now, just thinking about this weekend, make me smile from one ear to another :D

10 Comments:

  • Hope you got my sms just now :)

    Can't wait to see you and family in JB! Kita gi Yew's Cafe nak? Ask Sheryl to belanja hehehehehehehheeh.

    Mwahs

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/14/2005 12:18 PM  

  • CK,
    got your sms and sure we'll go for a drink or makan-makan somewhere after the wedding. kalau tak Yew's cafe, kita ajak Sheryl pegi itro.. or apa nama cafe yang she frequent for teh chicken chop tu? *wink*

    By Blogger rose, at 11/14/2005 12:47 PM  

  • Rose, got your sms about noreez's visit to KL tu. Nak jumpa di mana tu? InsyaAllah, kalau berkesempatan, nak jugak le join...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/15/2005 11:20 AM  

  • Mint,
    27th tu we all plan nak meet up with Noreez kat Lanai Gurney, not far from pasar Keramat tu.. Kalau Mint nak convoy ngan we all, boleh jugak..

    By Blogger rose, at 11/15/2005 11:40 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/15/2005 11:49 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/15/2005 11:50 AM  

  • Sori Rose, tumpang semangkok abt the gathering with Mint..

    u can join us mint, i will put your name in the list. Ok can Rose? no prob abt that right.
    its gonna be petang of 27 Nov Sunday.

    But I'll see u on Rizal wedding this Sun Rose, will datg dgn CK..

    see u..

    By Blogger Mdm Noris, at 11/16/2005 7:34 PM  

  • Noreez,
    memang la i'll be very glad kalau Mint boleh nak join kita masa gathering kat Lanai Gurney tu :)

    also, can't wait to meet up with you, CK & Sheryl this Sunday *wink* You bawak la Raudha sekali eh..

    Mint,
    kecik tapak tangan, nyiru i tadahkan on Noreez's behalf kalau you and family boleh join we all that Sunday :D

    By Blogger rose, at 11/17/2005 9:22 AM  

  • Rose,

    Like you, I will always have soft spot for Kemaman in Terengganu where I spent most of my school days from kindy to Form V. I just love love the place to death...haa gitu. But my mom doesn't understand why I have such strong feelings towards Kemaman. Well, I'm not surprise as mom has always hated remote areas (we stayed there before because my dad was working with a Dutch company which ran the Kemaman mine back in 70s). Mom pulak loves to be in crowded places or duduk dalam bandar lah gitu....I wonder when can I make my next trip there :(

    But sure glad you gals had tons of fun in JB last weekend :)

    By Blogger KC, at 11/23/2005 12:36 PM  

  • KC,
    i managed to show C and kids one of the houses me and family lived in Kluang back then. Surprisingly that house still standing dalam keadaan yang hampir sama when other houses dah dapat face-lift.. Maybe one day i nak buat gila which is naik bus pegi Kluang.. go round wherever i didn't get to cover hari tu and after that balik sini naik bus jugak, hehehe

    By Blogger rose, at 11/30/2005 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home